How to migrate from version 2.12.1 (build7671) on Mac to Windows?

sam236
sam236
Community Member

Is this possible? I'm having a difficult time importing my old account or 'vault' to my current Windows machine from my old Mac. Thanks for the help.

1Password Version: 2.12.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.6.8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sam236! Welcome to the forum!

Just to make sure I am not misunderstanding: is the 1Password version you are running really 2.12.1? I am asking because this version of the app is extremely old, so I want to make sure we are both on the same page :)

• sam236
    sam236
    Community Member

That's right, it's an oldie :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sam236

I see, thank you for the confirmation! Even if version 2 is very old, it still had an export feature. You should be able to find it under File > Export.

Do you see an option to export your data as CSV file or text file? If you see it, you can export it and then import it again in your new 1Password account (although there might be some manual steps necessary to make sure this old file is compatible with the latest 1Password version).

I hope this will not cost you too much trouble! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime, we are here to help :)

• sam236
    sam236
    Community Member

Thank you! I was able to import an CSV file from my old version of 1Password.

• Glad to hear that worked out. :) Now that you've got a 1Password membership that includes access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices, so hopefully you won't ever be that out-of-date with 1Password again. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.