Filtering long login lists on iOS

Options
techtherapy
techtherapy
Community Member

I use 1Password to store client logins. For some sites, such as G Suite logins, I can have 40-50 saved. When I'm logging in on iOS, it would be really helpful to be able to filter the list, rather than having to scroll and hunt for the one I need.

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @techtherapy!

How would you like the list to be filtered? Currently, you see all those logins because 1Password looks at the URL for a 1Password item to know whether it should show it or not. What other filtering method were you thinking about?

• techtherapy
    techtherapy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana

All these logins have the same URL (accounts.google.com).

I'd simply like a text box at the top of the list, into which I could type the name of the login I'm looking for, and it would filter the list based on what i've entered.

• Ben
    Options

@techtherapy

The iOS 12 Password AutoFill feature doesn't provide the ability to show a search / filter box on that screen, but if you tap on the 1Password option at the bottom of the list you can do that. Alternatively you could use the 1Password share sheet extension for this website instead of Password AutoFill:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad

Ben

• techtherapy
    techtherapy
    Community Member
    Options

thanks

• Ben
    Options

No problem. :+1: If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• rejozenger
    rejozenger
    Community Member
    Options

Hey there! To answer @ag_ana's questions on how I would like to see this feature work...

My current situation is that I have sometimes many logins wijtin a single domain. For example, for "zenger.nl", there are tens of logins available. When visiting a site within that domain where I need to login, I get to see the following:

So, each and every login is show, along the domain name. That doesn't work, unless I would use a site-specific username for each site.

It would be helpful if somehow this list would be filtered down to the matching hostname. That is not possible, I understand. In that case it'd be helpful if the list would show the hostname (so I can scroll down the list myself and search for the right entry).

And yes, @Ben's solution, using the share button, works also fine. :)

• Ben
    Options

And yes, @Ben's solution, using the share button, works also fine. :)

Glad to hear it.

It would be helpful if somehow this list would be filtered down to the matching hostname. That is not possible, I understand. In that case it'd be helpful if the list would show the hostname (so I can scroll down the list myself and search for the right entry).

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what is possible in this regard but I'll certainly pass the feedback along to the development team for their consideration.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.