Getting Error when trying to import Agilekeychain from Dropbox onto a new Mac

rkladar
rkladar
Community Member

Just bought a standalone license for Mac for 1 Password 7. I'm attempting to import my old vault information, which is currently syncing on dropbox from iOS and Windows. I made a 1password account thinking it would help but it seems not to have, since when I select "Import..." 1Password Keychain, and Import Into: Personal Vault, selecting the agilekeychain I get: "Your 1Password account does not appear to contain a Personal vault into which 1Password can import your information."

Clearly it does, as I selected it. At a loss here.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Mojave 10.14.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:our 1Password account does not appear to contain a Personal vault into which 1Password can import your information.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @rkladar! I'm sorry for the trouble. Let's see if we can figure this out. Have you previously used 1Password on your Mac, or only on Windows? In other words, is this the first time you're using 1Password for Mac, and if so, what vaults do you have if you look in Preferences > Vaults? How many vaults there, and what are their names?

• kaudrius
    kaudrius
    Community Member

Any updates on this one? Stuck on the same step and can not import my Agilekeychain.
    I am using 1Password 7.2.5 for Mac.
    In preferences I see My account name and 2 vaults. Personal and Primary (i created primary)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kaudrius! Welcome to the forum!

The first time you install 1Password 7 on a device where you used 1Password 6 before, you should have been prompted to import your .agilekeychain and convert it automatically.

If you never used 1Password on this Mac before, can you please try clicking on the File menu in the menu bar, selecting Import..., and choosing 1Password Keychain from the list? This should allow you to choose where your .agilekeychain file is stored and import it inside 1Password 7, in the location you select.

• kaudrius
    kaudrius
    Community Member

Hi. Its new computer. Installed 1 password 7. created an account. trying to import an old .agilekeychain file.
    File > Import > 1Password Keychain > import info: Personal > Choose File... > select my old "1Password.agilekeychain" file > Get an error message: "Could Not Find Personal Vault" + "Your 1Password account does not appear to contain a Personal vault into which 1Password can import your information." + "Cancel" + "OK".

• kaudrius
    kaudrius
    Community Member

I have also tried reinstalling the app multiple times. Installed via App store and by directly downloading the .pkg.
    I have used Help > Troubleshoot > Reset All 1Password data with every reinstall. Force quit the 1 password daemons via Activity monitor, as well as restarting my computer.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kaudrius - are you able to sign into your 1Password account in a browser at 1password.com? If so, what do you see there? Is your data imported, or is it empty?

• kaudrius
    kaudrius
    Community Member

Hi. Data was empty in the website.
    In the end I installed 1Password 7 into my old computer. Imported old keychain and then moved to a new vault. The vault then synced with new compter.

Dont have the problem anymore. But was not able to import old keychain file in new computer.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kaudrius

Dont have the problem anymore.

That's great! Only, this doesn't seem like it's good:

Data was empty in the website.

I can't tell whether everything's set up and syncing properly for you now, or not. If problems remain, then to get a better idea of what might be going on with your setup, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/101878/getting-error-when-trying-to-import-agilekeychain-from-dropbox-onto-a-new-mac
    • Your forum username: @kaudrius

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.