expanding login credentials

Options

I'm having trouble in safari filling in login information for some sites that have the expanding type of login, i.e. after you enter the username, the form expands to prompt you for a password (ex: www.evernote.com). The browser extension will fill the user but doesn't automatically fill the password, I have to click on the extension again. Previously this was not the case and I would just see the password field populated when the form expanded. am I doing something wrong here or is this a known thing?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: macOS mojave safari 12
Sync Type: browser extension

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mmccormick,

The filling logic in 1Password 6 was different and a nice side-effect of some of those differences was that it was more willing to fill a hidden field. The filling logic in 1Password 7 is a bit more strict so unfortunately it can mean needing to send two fill commands. Something that might help lessen the annoyance a little is the keyboard shortcut ⌘\. If you only have a single Login item for a site the keyboard shortcut means you don't need to interact with the 1Password mini interface. So while you still would need to use ⌘\ twice, it's possible you'll find that easier than the four clicks if you normally use the 1Password button in the browser toolbar.

You're definitely not doing anything wrong though, I can at least assure you of that.

• mmccormick
    mmccormick
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mmccormick - on behalf of littlebobbytables, you're quite welcome -- glad he was able to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.