Storing Coupon codes in 1password

Options

Hi Team,
I'd like to keep all in one place and have a feature request: I turn to 1password to login into a webshop, do fill out the payment data - all well. Suddenly I remember I did get some coupon code for this item or store (from last order, whatever). I'd be so cool to already see that in 1password, because when I open the browser extension and look for thestoreiambuyingat.com it shows me there is a coupon!
In the Moment I misuse the creditcard type - but the actual code is often alphanumeric so I have to save it into an description field, otherwise I don't have access anymore to the letters (except when switching to edit mode).
I don't expect the extension to fill out the code with one click ... that would be over the top I guess.

Thanks for the great work!
Have a good time,
Guido

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:store coupon

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rOOx,

If the code gets used on the same page each time you could try a Login item. While that category is really aimed at sign-in forms it can often be used in other ways despite the lack of a username or password. There are two approaches that I would say are worth trying.

1. Manually save a Login item with the coupon field filled. Our page How to save a Login manually in your browser contains the steps I'm thinking of.
    2. Manually create a Login item within the main 1Password window. Give it an appropriate title, set the website field to the URL in the address bar and then create a custom field. For the field label set it to whatever title or text the site uses for the field and then set the field value to the code.

I don't know that either will work but there's a good chance and I think worth exploring. At the very least a second Login item would appear to remind you that you have a coupon for this site and as it is a Login item it could very well fill the field. The small downside is the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ will no longer fill the sign-in form without further prompting as it will want you to choose which Login item it should use. That said, as 1Password will prompt that means any time you sign in you will also have a reminder that you have a coupon so it could be a positive as well depending on how you look at it.

• rOOx
    rOOx
    Community Member
    Options

Great Idea, I'll try that out and get back soon.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rOOx - sounds good. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.