**Credit Card - Default icon does not change according to selected type**

Good day to all,

When adding or editing a credit card, if the value of the field [type] is changed from the drop-down menu, the default icon is also changed.
That is, if you wrongly select VISA and change it to MasterCard then the default icon for that credit card is updated to reflect the change.

However if the field description/name itself is edited or modified in any way, say from [type] to [Type], then no matter what is selected from the drop-down menu, the icon is replaced with a generic default and can no longer be changed.

I also found out, that even if the field name is changed back to the original spelling ie. [type], the associated icon for a given credit card entry remains locked to the generic default - it can only be replaced by a user/custom icon, but that does not interest me as I prefer the defaults.

Unfortunately, I decided to edit the [type] to [Type] to all 25 of my credit cards entries before realizing their (initially correct) icons were instantly replaced with the generic. I really do not want to have to create "new" credit card entries to replace the existing ones just so they have the correct icon.

Is there a way around this issue/bug?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

1Password Version: 7.03.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Win7 & Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @winware2000,

Thank you for your detailed post!

It looks like you are running an outdated version of 1Password 7 for Windows. Could you please update to the latest version of 1Password 7.3 available and check if the issue you described remains there?

Let me know how it goes. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@winware2000: I'm not seeing this either, and I think maybe the version number thing was a typo, so I wonder if we're just looking at different things here. Could you please clarify what you're doing and seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance! :)

• winware2000
    winware2000
    Community Member

Thank you for your replies.

I am using the latest version (v7.3.657) of 1Password 7 for Windows.

I just tried to create a new credit card and take some screenshots for better understanding.
    To my great surprise, I found out the issue mentioned in my initial message could not be replicated.

It appears the reason it couldn't was simply because the field description text could not by edited/user-modified.
    In other words the text descriptor for the credit card selector [type] could not be edited by the user.

However all my credit cards were initially created in 1Password 4 for Windows and automatically converted/imported
    when upgraded to 1Password 7 for windows. When one such credit card is edited, the user is allowed to make changes
    such as reorder, rename and even delete fields within a section. This is the way I was able to rename the credit card selector field from
    its original [type] to [Type] and that in my opinion is what triggered the icon locking issue.

See the screenshot below that shows that descriptor editing of credit card selector is indeed allowed.
    (True only on 1Password 4 created credit cards being edited on 1Password 7)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

Hi @winware2000,

Thank you for your detailed posts! They are really helpful and we appreciate it. :)

I was able to edit Type field in 1Password 7 after creating a Credit Card item in 1Password 4 manually and then opening that local vault in 1Password 7. However, no matter how many times I rename that field, 1Password 7 updates my Rich Icon correctly:

Could you please try to do the following:

1) Open and unlock 1Password 7.

2) Go to Help > Troubleshooting > Show Console.

3) Enter clearrichicons there and press Enter.

4) Close console and restart 1Password 7.

Does the issue with Rich Icons remain after that? Please let me know. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: opw/opw#3856

• winware2000
    winware2000
    Community Member

Hello Greg,

I followed the steps you indicated and as a result 312 rich icons were deleted from the database.
    Unfortunately, upon restarting 1Password 7 the icon issue was not resolved.

Just to make sure we are both doing the same actions, please confirm the steps below:

1. Manually create a VISA credit card item in 1Password 4.
    2. Open the local vault in 1Password 7 and look for the credit card item created in step 1
    3. Confirm it appears as a VISA card with the default 1Password 7 VISA icon.
    4. Edit the credit card item and change the type field to anything else, say: asdgdgasa
    5. Save the credit card item.
    6. Close 1Password 7.
    7. Restart 1Password 7 and check the credit card item for its icon.

Now, in my case the icon will not be the original VISA icon but rather a generic one - as seen in my previous screenshot.
    Also if you select another card type such as MasterCard, the icon will not follow and remain locked to the generic icon.

Please let me know of your results. Thank you!
    ++
    Sergios

• Hey, @winware2000! I decided to give this a go myself and I'm actually seeing something different from Greg even. When I open the 1Password 4 vault with this test credit card item in it in 1Password 7, I get the generic icon right out of the gate. No editing the field type required. I'm curious, though – was the vault you opened from 1Password 4 an Agile Keychain or an OPVault? I'm testing with the former (which is converted to OPVault by 1Password 7), and it's likely that the original format of your vault could be relevant to the observed behavior.

• winware2000
    winware2000
    Community Member

Hi @bundtkate - thanks for your reply!

The 1Password 4 vault I had was indeed an Agile Keychain.
    When I upgraded to 1Password 7, the vault was auto-converted to OPVault.
    Am I out of luck?
    Is there a way to manually select an icon of choice from the 1Password 7 rich icon internal database?

++
    Sergios

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @winware2000,

It seems that Kate is right here: when I open .agilekeychain vault in 1Password 7 and convert it to .opvault automatically, I get the generic icons for Credit Cards right from the start. So it is possible that something happens during the conversion process.

It is not possible to select an icon manually, but you should be able re-create a Credit Card item in 1Password 7 and the icons should work correctly. I will also discuss this issue with our team and post an update, if I have more news. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.