1Password Keychain Channel Code

NovaScotian
NovaScotian
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I've been having some problems with my keychain and just noticed that 1P3 still has a keychain key stored. Is it still necessary?

Secondly, in the access control section of the keychain is the following list:

1Password
1Password
1Password
Firefox
1PasswordAgent
Camino
Safari
Firefox
Shiira
NetNewsWire
1Password
1Password
1Password

Surely those aren't all required.

The machine is a dual-core G5/2.3 running OS X 10.5.8

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    1Password 3, and any 1Password 2.x system that's using the Agile keychain format doesn't need the older OS X 1Password.keychain at all. We don't delete it in case for any reason someone needs to scrounge around for a missing password value from the distant past.

In the "login" keychain the only thing that we store is a record for the 1Password Master Password if you've elected to have it remembered.

The multiple program name entries in the access controls is due to the many versions of 1Password that you've run. Each one had to be "approved" -- one of the many "pains" the OS X keychain caused us over the years.
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thank you. I think you've said that I can safely trash them all since I don't let the keychain store my 1P password (which seems like a very bad idea to me).
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thank you. I think you've said that I can safely trash them all since I don't let the keychain store my 1P password (which seems like a very bad idea to me).

Yes, you can trash them all because of your Master Password storage choice (and yours is our strong recommendation as well). I just had to point out that anyone making the choice to store their Master Password in the OS X keychain shouldn't delete their entry for it. English is so complicated sometimes. :)
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Done without harm. Thanks.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Done without harm. Thanks.

Great! We're here to help any way we can.
This discussion has been closed.