Urgent request for assistance with new subscription

CBGuy
CBGuy
Community Member

I have been using 1password 6 across my MacBook Pro running High sierra my iPad Air and iPhone 10S on the latest IOS and all was syncing using iCloud. I purchased a new MacBook Air running Majove and so I'm upgrading to 1password7 subscription on MacBook Pro and installing onto the new MacBook Air and onto the IOS devices. using the MacBook pro. I just signed up for a subscription from the apple app store on 30 day trial and will signup for an annual membership. During the membership signup it asked for my 1password master password and would not let me use my old 8 character password so I entered a new 10 digit password. The install progressed and copied my existing 1password vault to the MacBook pro but did not give me the option to delete the old vault. At this time I have both 1password 6 and 1password 7 on the MacBook.Pro and both operational. I installed 1password7 on the MacBook air and it opens and shows my 1password entries but will not let me double-click the website and go to the site and enter the login. the IOS devices are still not updated to 1password7 but I can access and log into sites with the 1password6 entries.

How do I get the 1password7 working on my MacBook Air? Is it because I'm on the free 30 day trial? do I need to signup for an annual plan to get it working?

On the MacBook Pro should I be removing the 1password6 Application? if so will stop my IOS devices from using the current 1password app until I update the IOS devices to 1password7? I'm wanting to keep things working on the IOS devices until I get the MacBooks working on 1password7.

Also note that when installing the 1password7 programs on the Macs it did not ask me to scan the barcode or delete the primary vault. on the MacBooks the 1password7 program vault is labeled "Personal".

Thanks for any directions on how to proceed

1Password Version: 6 & 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6 &
Sync Type: iCloud for 1password 6

Comments

• CBGuy
    CBGuy
    Community Member

I have been using 1password 6 across my MacBook Pro running High sierra my iPad Air and iPhone 10S on the latest IOS and all was syncing using iCloud. I purchased a new MacBook Air running Majove and so I'm upgrading to 1password7 subscription on MacBook Pro and installing onto the new MacBook Air and onto the IOS devices. using the MacBook pro. I just signed up for a subscription from the apple app store on 30 day trial and will signup for an annual membership. During the membership signup it asked for my 1password master password and would not let me use my old 8 character password so I entered a new 10 digit password. The install progressed and copied my existing 1password vault to the MacBook pro but did not give me the option to delete the old vault. At this time I have both 1password 6 and 1password 7 on the MacBook.Pro and both operational. I installed 1password7 on the MacBook air and it opens and shows my 1password entries but will not let me double-click the website and go to the site and enter the login. the IOS devices are still not updated to 1password7 but I can access and log into sites with the 1password6 entries.

How do I get the 1password7 working on my MacBook Air? Is it because I'm on the free 30 day trial? do I need to signup for an annual plan to get it working?

On the MacBook Pro should I be removing the 1password6 Application? if so will stop my IOS devices from using the current 1password app until I update the IOS devices to 1password7? I'm wanting to keep things working on the IOS devices until I get the MacBooks working on 1password7.

Also note that when installing the 1password7 programs on the Macs it did not ask me to scan the barcode or delete the primary vault. on the MacBooks the 1password7 program vault is labeled "Personal".

• CBGuy
    CBGuy
    Community Member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CBGuy: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! iCloud is not at all involved with a 1Password membership. And if you've setup the app with a local vault syncing through iCloud, it sounds like you haven't signed into your 1Password account on that device -- which would explain why you'd have restrictions there: you're using 1Password without an account or a license.

Since it sounds like you do have a 1Password membership already, please sign into your account on the 1Password.com website in your browser and verify that you have all your data there, in your account:

https://start.1password.com

If you'll confirm that and clarify for me the specific OS and 1Password version you have on each device you still need to setup, I can give you instructions on how to proceed. I know you mentioned some version information for things, but it's sort of scattered and I don't have a clear picture of what is what at this point. Let me know and we'll go from there. :)

• CBGuy
    CBGuy
    Community Member

It's amazing how many problems I solve while sleeping. During the night I awoke and knew the answer why 1Password7 on my new MacBook Air, that never had any version of 1 password installed, wasn't working. The answer is the browser extension for 1password7 was installed but not checked to activate. Once I checked the box to activate all functions started working.

I do have different counts against the categories 1password 6 vs 7 so I will have to look into this further. However once is resolve or are ok with V7 I will;
    1. get 1password7 onto my IOS devices and verify counts and operation
    2. remove 1Password 6 from my MacBook Pro and from IOS Devices.

Question:
    Is there anything I have to do to the iCloud sync that was setup for 1Password6?

• CBGuy
    CBGuy
    Community Member

Ok I checked the categories counts and All items counts regarding the differences. The reason why they are different is the items 1Password does differently e.g. the Documents Category is added and documents that were added to entries are moved into here. Also there are a few entries in different categories created by 1Password7. e.g. the one password account containing the membership online login and your secret key, a secure note "Welcome to 1password!" etc

Looks like this problem is closed

Thanks for the help
    Ron

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @CBGuy! I am happy to hear Brenty was able to help you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• CBGuy
    CBGuy
    Community Member

I signed up in Apple App Store for free trial and it says it will automatically go to a monthly charge after the trial period. I want to go to an annual billing but can’t see where/how todo this. Any. Help would be appreciated.

• @CBGuy,

Once you have established a monthly subscription with Apple you can switch it over to annual following this guide:

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Ben

• CBGuy
    CBGuy
    Community Member

Thanks for the help

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.