High CPU usage of 1Password 6.8

Hello! I noticed an issue with running 1Password 6.8 on Windows 10 (Surface Pro 4): Whenever I'm using the 1Password app, the CPU usage of the "desktop window manager" ("dwm.exe") increases to over 20%. It's not a big issue, but it's a bit annoying, because the fans are constantly spinning and other programs are running kind of "juddery". When the 1Password app is closed (or minimized), the CPU usage of dwm.exe falls back down to 2-3% and everything goes back to normal.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bastian,

Thank you for reporting this! We are investigating such reports now, so any additional info will be really helpful.

If you can, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Surface, where you have these troubles:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• bastian
    bastian
    Community Member

I sent a mail with the report, the support id is #WLK-51443-641. It took a bit longer, because the issue did not occur in a while.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bastian,

We have found your report and will get back to you via email as soon as possible. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: WLK-51443-641

• davb
    davb
    Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue on Windows 10 (was previously using on MacOS with no problems). With 1Password open (though not necessarily on the current desktop/workspace) it consumes around 4-5% CPU capacity, causing my laptop to heat up and the fans to kick in. Once I minimise it, it drops to <0.1% and my machine immediately starts to cool down.

The last time I noticed this happening, I had a entry open but not in edit mode. I had no menus or settings screens open (if the current view has anything to do with the issue).

Did you ever find a solution to this?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @davb,

This thread is very old, so I am sure that your issue is different. Could you please specify the version of 1Password that you use on your PC?

If it is 1Password 7 for Windows, please follow the same steps above to file a Diagnostics Report and tell me your Support ID number. Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• davb
    davb
    Community Member

Hi @Greg,

Sorry - you're right. I thought it was from February 2019 (not 2018).

I'm on v7.3.657. My support case number is #SMP-91514-455.

Thanks,
    Dave

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @davb,

I found your report on our side. We will take a look and get back to you via email. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: SMP-91514-455

• davb
    davb
    Community Member

Thanks @Greg! 👍

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.