1p Windows installer don't detect the OS language

Hello,

currently I am installing 1p on many Win 10 PCs. And one thing I noticed, which is a little bit annoying: 1p or the 1p installer sticks with English, even if the Windows 10 OS runs with a different language like German and 1p supports that language.

Every time I need to manually switch the language after installation. Is it possible, that 1p / 1p installer automatically detects the OS language and adjust itself?

Kind regards, Kristian

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

Hi @Kristian,

Thank you for reporting this!

I believe 1Password 7 for Windows uses English language by default after installation. I agree that we should take system settings into account during the install process and I will make sure to pass your suggestion along to our team.

Let me know if you have another questions, we are always here for you. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: opw/opw#3866

• Kristian
    Kristian
    Community Member

That's kind from you. Thanks, Greg.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

@Kristian: :chuffed: :+1:

ref: opw/opw#2901

• Kristian
    Kristian
    Community Member

Any news here?

• Nothing to share as yet, @Kristian, but we've been mired in a fairly sizable project on Windows keeping us from spending the time we'd like on other fixes and improvements for long enough it's starting to make me twitchy. This means not a ton has really changed since you first asked about this. I'm not in a position to comment on timing at this point and certainly not on this issue specifically, but we have been making an effort to pick up quicker fixes and improvements to implement alongside the larger forthcoming changes. All of these still need to be tested, both internally and in beta, before they'll be released and given the focus on those larger under-the-hood changes, we may find not as many make the cut for the next stable as you or I would like but! I do very much have my fingers crossed that, in addition to those under-the-hood changes, we'll see a not insignificant chunk of those smaller fixes and improvements come in the next update giving us a number of more tangible things to celebrate when it makes its way out the door. Even if this specific improvement doesn't come alongside that update, its release should still mark the beginning of a cycle of smaller and more consistent releases at which time checking back on these things will become more fruitful.

This discussion has been closed.