To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

running V6.8.8 how do I upgrade to family plan without losing data?

Dtschetter61
Dtschetter61
Community Member

How do you upgrade your account without losing data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:want to upgrade - concerned about losing data

Comments

• Dtschetter61
    Dtschetter61
    Community Member

os- 10.14.4

• Hi @Dtschetter61

The first thing to do would be to install 1Password 7 for Mac (and delete 1Password 6 for Mac by dragging it to the trash -- do not use any "cleaner" apps):

Download for Mac

Once installed I'd recommend signing up (or accepting an invite) for 1Password Families membership in a web browser. If you're signing up for a membership you can find the link to do that here. If you're accepting an invite that will come to you in the form of an email once the inviter sends it. As part of the account creation process you'll be prompted to download / print your Emergency Kit:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

I would highly recommend printing this document, writing in your chosen Master Password, and once completed store it someplace safe (e.g. a fire safe or bank deposit box). Once you've got your account set up sign into it in 1Password 7 for Mac and migrate your data following these instructions:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.