My parents both have their own accounts. How can I manage their vaults in my account?

Options
kenpound2
kenpound2
Community Member

I see the family sharing, but it looks as though one person can share vaults, but not the others?

Am I wrong about that?

I need their accounts (That they pay for separately) to be available under my own vaults so I can help manage their accounts and use their accounts (I handle half of all their online activity).

If I add them both as members of my family can they share both their vaults with me?

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 1.14.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Not their default vault, as that is truly private.

But they can create a second vault (and use that instead of the primary one), which they can share with you.

• Ben
    Options

Alternatively if they want you to have access to everything and don't mind sharing their Master Password with you... you could add their accounts to your copy of 1Password. It is possible to be signed into multiple accounts, so long as they 1. don't have the same email address associated with them (for individual accounts) and 2. aren't part of the same 1Password Families membership.

1Password Families would be an appropriate solution if:

1) One family member wants to pay for everyone (or you're willing to figure out the billing amongst yourselves) -- you do save some money vs multiple individual memberships this way
    2) Each family member wants to share some (but perhaps not all) items with other family member(s), but does not necessarily want to share their Master Password

One benefit you would gain by going to 1Password Families is that you could appoint multiple family organizers that can help in the event someone forgets their Master Password:

Recover accounts for family or team members | 1Password

This is not currently possible with the use of individual memberships.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.