Windows Hello

Are there plans to bring in Windows Hello? I like the UI and functionality of 1PasswordX A LOT but I also like the added convenience of Windows Hello in the original 1Password extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@keyute: It isn't currently possible for 1Password X, which runs entirely in the browser, to use OS-level features like Windows Hello. The desktop app/extension can because you've installed a native application — Windows, in this case — which is able to integrate with the OS. But perhaps there will be a way to do something similar with 1Password X in the future. Cheers! :)

• Good news, @ keyute!! We're getting closer to adding Windows Hello support: 1Password X now has Desktop App Integration on Mac! 🎉

Check out our recent beta announcement for details on how to set things up so you can use Touch ID on your Mac. Support for Windows and Windows Hello will be coming in a future release.

If you're feeling adventurous, please give the beta a try so you're ready when we add Windows Hello support to an upcoming beta. 😘

++dave;

• nhanhi
    nhanhi
    Community Member

Hey Dave, Did you get any further with introducing Windows Hello into 1Password X? I'd be interested in trying a beta if/when it's ready :)

• Nothing so far as a beta yet, but it is something we'd love to do. :)

Ben

• DQue
    DQue
    Community Member

Any news yet on the Windows Hello side of things?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DQue: 1Password for Windows has supported Windows Hello for a while now:

Use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC).

But being an OS-level feature, like Touch ID, it isn't available for a browser extension to use directly. We're working on integration between 1Password for Mac and 1Password X in the beta currently, and once that's complete we'd like to do the same on Windows. The work we're doing for that will hopefully mean less work later on Windows to do the same. Time will tell, but I'm excited for the possibilities. :)

This discussion has been closed.