Lost all my categories/folders

Options
lorendoppelt
lorendoppelt
Community Member

I purchase the full version and have had no issues at all. I use the categories to sort and move passwords by category. All of a sudden that categories no longer show up Help!

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi @lorendoppelt

You mentioned both categories and folders, but these are different things. Categories are the templates that define which fields an item in 1Password is going to have. For example a Login category item is going to have a username, password, and website field on it, whereas a Password category item is only going to have a password field. Folders on the other hand were an organizational tool that was available in 1Password that has been discontinued. Folders have been replaced with tags. Any folders you had would have been converted to tags. You can see these tags by selecting the tags tab at the bottom of the 1Password for iOS screen (between Categories and Settings).

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• lorendoppelt
    lorendoppelt
    Community Member
    Options

I meant my own generated folders...sorry about that.

Oh yes I see that now.....I had no idea....

I tried to log in online...and it says i need a code... Where do i find that?

I sent an email to 1 passowrd on how to log on and it said they didnt have my email address....I am all confused.

Thanks for your answer!

• lorendoppelt
    lorendoppelt
    Community Member
    Options

crap, now when i hit one of the folders in the tags, the app shuts down

• lorendoppelt
    lorendoppelt
    Community Member
    Options

it only happens on 2 of my 6 categories

• lorendoppelt
    lorendoppelt
    Community Member
    Options

2 of my 6 folder tags

• lorendoppelt
    lorendoppelt
    Community Member
    Options

I bought the upgrade my Iphone as a stand alone license. when I try to log on it still asks for the code.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019
    Options

@lorendoppelt

I tried to log in online...and it says i need a code... Where do i find that?

I sent an email to 1 passowrd on how to log on and it said they didnt have my email address....I am all confused.

This means that you probably never signed up for a 1Password Membership. If you purchased a standalone license in the past, you didn't get an account with it. Only if you are a subscriber you can login to your account in a browser.

Can you please clarify what you are trying to do?

• lorendoppelt
    lorendoppelt
    Community Member
    Options

All I know is I paid 19.99 or 29.99 through apple apps. It wa the most I ever paid for an app.

Everything was working fine until the change from folders to tags.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lorendoppelt In this case, you own a standalone license and you don't have an account, so you will not be able to login online. This also means that the issue you are experiencing is unrelated to the online account, so you can disregard that option in your case.

Your existing folders should have been converted automatically to tags. Can you confirm that, if you tap on the "tags" button at the bottom of the 1Password screen, you see all your folders there?

In other words, is the issue here the fact that the app crashes when you tap on certain tags?

• lorendoppelt
    lorendoppelt
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. I did find out the folders changed to tags. I have 7 tag names. When I click on 2 of the tags the iOS app crashes and I have to reload it.

I used to be able to log in online and see my passwords as it saves it to the cloud.

Something changed but nothing I did.

• lorendoppelt
    lorendoppelt
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. I did find out the folders changed to tags. I have 7 tag names. When I click on 2 of the tags the iOS app crashes and I have to reload it.

I used to be able to log in online and see my passwords as it saves it to the cloud.

Something changed but nothing I did.

• Ben
    Options

@lorendoppelt

The only way we offer online access to passwords through a web browser is through a 1Password subscription membership. It has never been included with a one-time standalone purchase. Perhaps you did a trial of membership at some point?

Without a membership we do not store your data.

If you are experiencing crashes with 1Password for iOS, first please be sure you are using the latest version:

1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store

If you are, and are still experiencing crashes, please send us the crash logs directly. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

With your email please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/102970/lost-all-my-categories-folders#latest
    as well as your forum handle.

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Additionally: do any of your tags have a backslash ( \ ) in their name? There is a known issue with tags containing a backslash.

Ben

• lorendoppelt
    lorendoppelt
    Community Member
    Options

No. They only have words.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lorendoppelt

Thank you for the confirmation. Please send us the crash logs as Ben mentioned when you get a chance so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

This discussion has been closed.