New Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) [prerelease browsers are not supported]

richardburt
richardburt
Community Member
edited April 2019 in Lounge

1PasswordX works with it.

1Password desktop extension complains about untrusted source and goes no further.

For those of you want to test the new Browser (my god it is FAST!) it was leaked today and can be easily found.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• richardburt
    richardburt
    Community Member

Microsoft Edge

Version 75.0.107.0 (Official build) (64-bit)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, Microsoft is working on a new Chromium-based browser. We don't have anything to announce at this time since it's still in a fairly early (i.e. not public) stage of development, but we're interested to see how it turns out when it's released publicly, which should be later this year according to Microsoft.

Also, don't get too excited yet. I remember every new browser that was fast at first and got slower over time. ;) But it will be cool to see what they do with it no matter what. :)

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

Can you get the 1Password extension into the Insider store?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Perhaps in time. :)

• JFE_CH
    JFE_CH
    Community Member

Meanwhile the Chromimum based Edge browser is in public preview and you can install the normal extenison from the Google Web Store. Just tested it and it works.
    However would be nice to see the 1Password extensions also in the Insider Store. LastPass for example ist already there... ;)

• :+1: :)

Ben

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member

It still does not trust Edge Dev for me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We haven't announced support for the new in-development Edge browser. I'm sure we will have something to share when it's ready though. :)

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

The Dev channel isn't recognized by the 1Password app on macOS, but it is on Windows.

• I hate to sound like a broken record, but as brenty mentioned above: We don't have anything to announce at this time. Sorry! :smile:

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kathampy: 1Password X, however, should work, as that doesn't require changes in the desktop app. Again, not supported by us or by Microsoft while Edge is a prerelease, but I'm sure we'll have more to say on the topic in the future. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.