Feature Request - Count down clock/calendar & reminders for when subscriptions need to be renewed.

Options
MichaelCorleone
MichaelCorleone
Community Member

Hello 1P.
I have wondered for a while why 1P does not allow you to include a countdown timer for when a service subscription is due to expire with a reminder to pop up so you know to renew it etc. I currently do this through other apps but it makes a lot of sense to do it within a login for any account. Don't know what I would do without 1P in the modern world. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MichaelCorleone!

Thank you for the suggestion :)

I believe the reason why we are not doing this yet could be due to the fact that we don't want to overwhelm users with notifications. Normally, when you subscribe to a service, you get multiple reminders before a subscription expires (either via email or in-app), so adding yet another notification in 1Password might start to become annoying.

Having everything in one place would be nice however, I agree!

• MichaelCorleone
    MichaelCorleone
    Community Member
    Options

Using this feature would be a choice just like adding tags or a web address or notes or linking documents etc. This way it should not overwhelm new and non-techy users. It goes beyond subscription service reminders to key events, birthdays etc. If it does appear in the future I will be one of the first adopters.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MichaelCorleone - it's a feature we've had sporadic requests for in the past, for sure. As ag_ana mentioned, however, it hasn't been a top-tier priority for us, owing to the fact that most recurring services already alert users or at least have options to do so. I don't disagree that it could be potentially more convenient to store all such things in 1Password, but like everything else here, we have to weigh how useful a feature against how much work it would take to implement, what other priorities would have to be abandoned or back-burnered to take it up, etc. I'll definitely add your voice to the issue, however, so thanks for taking the time to share your wishes with us! :)

This discussion has been closed.