Crashes on iPad when searching

Options
tophop
tophop
Community Member

Hello,

1Password crashes on my iPad when I try to search for a specific login. As soon as I type the second letter into the search box the app crashes. I’ve tried this while searching through all 5 vaults or through only my main vault.

I’ve tried reinstalling the app and the search worked again for a minute or less but then the crashes came back. Restarting the iPad doesn’t fix it either. I started noticing it this week but don’t know when I last searched successfully on my iPad.

This does not happen on my iPhone.

iPad (5th generation)
iOS 12.2

If there’s any more information you need please let me know.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi @tophop

If you are experiencing crashes with 1Password for iOS, first please be sure you are using the latest version:

1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store

(v7.3 as of writing -- which it appears you are using, from your post)

If you are, and are still experiencing crashes, please send us the crash logs directly. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

With your email please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/102918/
    as well as your forum handle.

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Ben

• tophop
    tophop
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I have a Windows machine, not a Mac. I’ve tried following instructions I found on the web for finding crash logs to no avail (the instructions may have been too old).

There was a pop up on my iPad that said always send crash reports to 1Password team that I clicked to the affirmative after the 10th or so crash. Might that prevent crash logs from being transferred to the computer upon syncing?

I will send an email to the address you mentioned above anyway, as you suggested.

• tophop
    tophop
    Community Member
    Options

The reference ID is:

[#JPC-55219-263]

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @tophop. We'll be in touch via email.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.