1P/Safari holding prior versions of a login

blubov
blubov
Community Member
edited April 2019 in iOS

Hello!
My apologies if this has been litigated already.
The issue I’m having is illustrated in the pic. 1Password in iOS in conjunction with Safari seems to hold on to prior versions of a login, even though that version is no longer anywhere in 1Password.

In the uploaded pic, the old login...o@m.com...has been entirely replaced by the new ba***@g.com login. And yet, there they both are. And the o@m*.com is the primary...the one that gets chosen by default. In this case, I did not delete the old login and make a new one...I simply changed the email address from the old to the new in the existing 1P record. Doing so created this double option of both old and new.

I’d experienced this before with a Barclays login. I even went so far as to entirely delete the record and create it entirely from scratch, and it still didn’t fix. Eventually, the incorrect login went away on its own, which tells me there’s some background reconciliation that happens where 1P, after a very long time, tells Safari that the prior login doesn’t exist anymore? Or 1P just stop displaying the previous one? I don’t know.

Is this a known thing? Something that’s fixable?

Thanks so much!

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.2
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @blubov

Could you please try this for me?

1. Launch the 1Password app on your device
    2. Unlock 1Password (if locked)
    3. From the row of icons at the very bottom of the screen select Settings
    4. Select Password AutoFill

You should see a banner at the top of the screen briefly about the AutoFill cache being updated. Once that goes away, check Safari again. Do the results you see more closely match what you were expecting?

Ben

• blubov
    blubov
    Community Member

That did fix it! Thank you!!

So just curious...other than going to that pane which seems to force the update, does the update happen on its own at any point?

• @blubov

Yes, generally this should not be necessary. If you do notice an inconsistency though it should help. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.