Desktop integration unreliable

I have been having a number of issues with unlocking 1PX ever since desktop app integration was introduced. I have random moments when it just get stuck in an infinite "Connecting to 1Password for Mac" loop, even if I simply unlocked the extension earlier and want to come back and unlock it later on (after a system sleep).

I actually think the latest loop came from 1Password updating to BETA 7. Let me know how to extract logs and where to send them :).

1Password Version: 1.15.4
Extension Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.BETA-7 (70300007) AgileBit
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

I just sent a diagnostics report to AG support. I included the link back to this discussion.

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

I think that until the kinks of desktop integration are ironed out, we should always have the button visible to force our master password prompt locally in 1PX.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

Thank you! We'll take a look and get back to you via email. :)

ref: MSB-24577-859

• We have a few known cases remaining but the next beta should address most of the issues you’ve been seeing. There’s still a big one of 1Password for Mac updates leaving things in a bad state, but we made a lot of progress there as well today.

I hope by the end of this week things will be a lot more stable. Please let us know if they’re not.

++dave;

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

Thanks guys for all the hardwork. 1PX just keeps getting better!

• It warms my heart you think so, @jadchaar! 1Password X is my favorite 1Password app, and I couldn't agree more. Thanks so much again for being so on top of these issues and reporting them when you come across them - we really to appreciate it. ❤️

• We have a few more betas for everyone to play with. 🙂

Things should be good now. Please let us know if these new versions treat you better. 🤗

++dave;

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member

For me desktop integration doesn't work at all anymore. Both 1PX and the dekstop client seem to be completely disconnected from each other, as if the feature had never existed.

1Password 7
    Version 7.3.BETA-11 (70300011)

1PX version 1.15.8 in Chrome.

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member

I'm on 1Px 1.15.8, 1P 7.3.BETA-11, and all is working for me.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cryptochrome,

Can you try disabling the integration, re-enabling it and then lock and unlock 1Password for Mac and then 1Password X - basically reset everything so that it ought to set itself up in the background. Do you still find one can (un)lock separate from the other?

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member

It worked again after restarting Chrome. Turned out it had downloaded an update and 1PX wasn't able to verify the browser anymore (which it only told me after disabling and then re-enabling the extension).

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cryptochrome,

The way Chrome updates on the Mac does cause problems :( Silently failing in the background doesn't sound great though, I'll check and see if we have an issue filed for that.

This discussion has been closed.