Browser extension breaks login page on custom webapp

Options

I use Xojo Web to power my webapp. Unfortunately, it seems 1PasswordX interferes with the data available to the application, resulting in "undefined" as value for a WebTextField whose type attribute is set to password. It appears to be the same behavior that Grammarly used to cause in Xojo applications.

See this forum post.

I looked for developer support on your site to no avail, or mention of an API that would enable me to work around that.

Is there any way to catch the value of a password TextField when 1PasswordX is used ? Alternatively, would it be possible to inhibit it to prevent this annoying bug ?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 1.14.3
OS Version: OSX 10.14.4
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jeisen,

Is there a URL where we can see this bug in action? That ought to go some way to helping the developers understand what is happening.

• jeisen
    jeisen
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know that there is right now. I can do one of a few things. I can whip up a sample application that the developers can open in a free copy of Xojo and actually see what I see in the IDE, I can do a screen sharing session or screen recording for them or I can create a simple compiled application they can run.

• jeisen
    jeisen
    Community Member
    Options

Interestingly enough, I just discovered that the standard 1Password browser extension seems to work just fine and that it is only when 1Password X is enabled.

• cecelia
    edited April 2019
    Options

Thank you for the additional information, @jeisen. That is interesting that the 1Password extension works, but 1Password X doesn't. I'm happy that you found something that works for now, but not happy with it as a permanent solution. We reached out to our 1Password X devs and one of them believes It's possible 1Password X fills without triggering Xojo's "on key entered" event. If so it seems like that would be worth a fix on Xojo's end, but since that's not in our control, we'd love to have a deeper look and try to fix it ourselves. I've gone ahead and filed an issue so our devs can look into this. Any additional data you're willing to share would be wonderful - We'd love an environment to test/reproduce this behavior in. ❤️

• jeisen
    jeisen
    Community Member
    Options

Cecelia, thank you for filing that request. To save your devs some time, let me start by saying they should ignore the "KeyPressed" event. That is going to be replaced since every browser implements it differently and I don't use it. It seems like 1Password captures the keystroke itself and replaces the text entry with the string "undefined." I'm happy to put together a little example app or even get on a call with a dev so I can help them with the Xojo side of stuff since they are not likely to be familiar with it.

• Hey @jeisen. Great! I'll be sure to pass this info along to the devs. If you're willing to whip up an example app and it wouldn't take too much of your time, that would be perfect — That way I can share it with the devs so they can dig in and pass it around amongst themselves as needed. I'll also add this conversation to the issue so they can refer to it and let you know if they have any questions.

• jeisen
    jeisen
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like the forum will not allow me to upload an executable file nor a Xojo project file. If you want, I can email one to you.

• cecelia
    Options

Sounds good, @jeisen — I've sent you an email from support@1password.com. We can continue the discussion there. :)

This discussion has been closed.