1Password only works with Chrome

Options
claywise
claywise
Community Member

I want to stop using Chrome as a browser and use Safari or Firefox instead. However, 1Password will only work with Chrome.

I believe I've downloaded the 1PW Firefox app and Safari is installed on my Mac already (I think). What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Safari or Firefox.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @claywise! :)

Can you please clarify what version of 1Password are you currently using?

Also, did you download and install the extension for Firefox from here?

We have a very helpful article that can help you if the 1Password extension isn’t working in your browser. As a first step please follow the article. Sometimes the issue can be solved with simple solutions like restarting the computer.

Alternatively, please let us know exactly what you mean when you say that the extension is not working in Safari and Firefox. Any detail you can give us will be helpful.

Thank you!

• claywise
    claywise
    Community Member
    Options

Version 7.2.5.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I downloaded direct from 1Password.

Bottom line: I originally set up 1PW to work with Chrome. It still works just fine with Chrome ... but ONLY with Chrome.

Meaning, I can't seem to sever 1PW from Chrome on my MacBook Air. So even if I open Firefox or Safari and try to use 1PW, it simply opens Chrome instead of working on Safari or Firefox.

I just want to get away from Google. Do I need to uninstall something that allows me to use 1PW with Chrome?

Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

@claywise

It sounds like you're referring to the "Go & Fill" feature, which uses whatever you have set as your system's default web browser. You can change the default browser in the System Preferences app on the General tab.

Does that help?

Ben

• claywise
    claywise
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I'm guessing that's right. I'll give it a try. Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

Great. Please let us know how it turns out. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.