How to close a vault without deleting?

Options

I have a dedicated vault with passwords for a project that has ended. I don't want to delete the vault since I may need to access some logins in the future. However, I would prefer to no longer see this vault in my 1Password for Windows application. Is there a way to remove the vault from the application without deleting it from your 1Password.com cloud?

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: 1Password.com
Referrer: forum-search:How to 'close' a vault?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mobidutch

Yes and no. :) You wouldn't be able to remove it from the app entirely without deleting it, but excluding it from the "All Vaults" view may go a long way:

Use All Vaults to see all your items at once

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• mobidutch
    mobidutch
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the very quick reply. That's the approach I took for now. It skips the 'hidden' vault entries in searches, so this will do. Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome. :) Have a good weekend. :+1:

Ben

• dougfunny
    dougfunny
    Community Member
    Options

Just a tip for anyone else coming across this. You can delete it from the app if you just move or copy your opvault before you do it.

In my case, I still had an old 1password opvault shared in dropbox, so I just disabled sharing before deleting. 1password didn't complain when I deleted the vault (and can't delete it since it was no longer accessible).

• That's true for standalone vaults, @dougfunny, but not for 1Password memberships where the equivalent of the OPVault is stored on our servers rather than Dropbox. Even with a standalone vault, though, I'd potentially suggest using All Vaults anyway. By moving that vault somewhere inaccessible to 1Password, you're taking some risk that data structure will change and that vault won't be updated. This is an exceedingly rare occurrence, but it does happen and if you needed an item from that vault after structures had been updated, your app may not be able to open it leaving you hunting for an old version to get at that data if you even know exactly what to look for. Not a catastrophic occurrence by any means – older versions remain available should you need them – but definitely more of a pain and one that's easy enough to avoid by taking advantage of other available features. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.