I got a new iphone, restored it from backup how can I get 1password 6 instead of 7

Options
KKBallard
KKBallard
Community Member

I restored my new iphone SE from a backup of another SE and now the 1password app is prompting me to sign into 7. I'm not ready to upgrade to 7, I want 6. I went through all my purchases and I don't see 6 - how can I get 6 on my new phone?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:get 1password 6 iphone

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KKBallard!

1Password 6 on iOS would give you the same options as 7, so restoring to a previous version wouldn't help you in this case. 1Password 7 on iOS was also a free upgrade for everyone ;)

If you are syncing your data via WLAN, you need to skip the sign in section, scroll down on the welcome window, and choose the WLAN option to sync your data on your phone again.

I hope this helps!

• KKBallard
    KKBallard
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - I'll give that a try later and let you know how it went.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @KKBallard! We are here if you need us :)

• KKBallard
    KKBallard
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. It has to be done at home or work on a secure WLAN. Couldnt' switch to dropbox or iCloud unless you're already doing it that way. Thanks for the tip!

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear it worked out. :) For the future I'd highly recommend considering a 1Password membership. Not only does it make syncing painless and automagical but it also gives you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices:

About 1Password membership

Something to think about. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.