To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost two factor auth [contact support@1password.com from account's registered email address]

2»

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2019

Thanks @Feisarxl. Our security team will be in touch.

To be clear: it isn't necessary to post on this forum to receive a response. Sending the email is sufficient. :+1:

Ben

ref: UYP-56416-499

• Kaoru
    Kaoru
    Community Member

How do I disable 2FA through Mac/iPhone apps (not browser)? I can't find it in setting.
    Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Kaoru - you're talking about 2FA for your 1password.com account? You can't disable it in the apps, you must use 1password.com. Sign into your account in a browser, then click your Profile from the drop-down and choose More Actions > Manage Two-Factor Authentication. You'll be able to turn it off there.

• Kaoru
    Kaoru
    Community Member

Oh ok! Then I will need some assistance because my phone with Google authenticator was stolen and I cannot sign into my account in a browser. I am still logged in with my apps (Mac & new iPhone): Does that help?
    Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

@Kaoru We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so that our Security Team can help you privately?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Kaoru - just to add to what ag_ana already mentioned, you may be able to avoid emailing us if you have a browser on your Mac or PC that you've used to sign into your 1password.com account previously. If you have, then you won't be asked for the 2FA code again (unless you've cleared cache/cookies). If you don't have any desktop browsers (or even mobile Safari or Chrome on an iPad or similar) where you can sign in with only your Master Password, then yes, please follow Ana's advice and email us.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

1Password Approved Answer

If you do not have everything needed to sign into your account -- including the two-factor authentication, if you've enabled it, as in the topic of this discussion -- you will not be able to sign in. So it's important to save all of your account credentials in a secure location, like a safe deposit box, in case you ever need them.

It is possible to get two-factor authentication reset if you have lost it, but only after a full review by our security team to prevent misuse, or by having an admin in your family, team, or business plan put the account through recovery (which would also allow you to get a new Secret Key and Master Password).

We're happy to help if we can, but it's not something we can discuss here in a public forum since it involves account information. So I'll close this, and anyone who needs assistance should contact us at support@1password.com from their account's registered email address. :)

This discussion has been closed.