To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sharing an account with one person

Options
trianaz
trianaz
Community Member

I have 1P 6 and share with my husband and sync via dropbox. Dropbox now limits the # of devices, so I'm looking at 1PW membership. If I purchase the $2.99 monthly membership, will I be able to use it on all of our computers and devices? We have about 12 devices. It says no need for 3rd party sync, correct? We don't need to have a family plan, right?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @trianaz! Welcome to the forum! :)

In your case I will strongly recommend a 1Password Families account. While it's true that the Individual account does not have a limit to the number of devices you can use, you would miss out on a lot of features, such as password sharing with your husband, and the ability to recover each other's accounts if necessary. An Individual account was just not built for usage by two different persons at the same time.

In addition to this, a Families account offers you a lot more features, which I believe you and your husband will find useful in your day to day life.

will I be able to use it on all of our computers and devices? We have about 12 devices.

Yes! 1Password does not limit the number of devices you can use, you can have as many as you want.

It says no need for 3rd party sync, correct?

Correct! You don't need iCloud or Dropbox with a 1Password Membership, everything is handled by us.

We also have a nice getting started guide for you, which shows you how to get up and running with 1Password Families. And you also get the first month for free :)

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

• trianaz
    trianaz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your feedback. We're on a very tight budget. So if we can meet our needs without the extra cost, it's better for us. Currently, 1PW6 meets all our needs. Will we lose any of it, or would any of it be more difficult to use, if we just do the membership?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@trianaz,

Will we lose any of it, or would any of it be more difficult to use, if we just do the membership?

No, if anything you are going to get more features :) Memberships have been a far more popular choice and from the feedback we get, people prefer the ease that having a 1Password Membership comes with (when it comes to things like managing backups, syncing, multi-device management etc.).

If you are ok with using an Individual account with multiple people despite the possible security risk and the inconvenience, there is nothing that technically stops you from doing that. We just cannot recommend it for the reasons I mentioned in my previous message. I hope you understand.

This discussion has been closed.