Can we use ICloud for 2 users license for 1password6?

Ruby
Ruby
Community Member

We have separate master passwords so does that mean separate faults. We want to switch from using Dropbox to iCloud sync. Or, do we have to have a family subscription?

1Password Version: 6, 7
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: MacOS, iOS
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Can we use ICloud for 2 users on Family license?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ruby: iCloud only syncs data between devices signed into the same Apple ID for iCloud. It is not possible to sync different vaults with iCloud without merging them, and that would mean using the same Master Password (and iCloud setup).

A 1Password Families membership doesn't involve either iCloud or Dropbox: you just sign into your account on each device to access your data -- no sync configuration. It includes 5 family members in the base price. It also allows you to easily share vaults securely and help family members recover their accounts if they get locked out — along with many other benefits. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Ruby
    Ruby
    Community Member

Ok, if I understand correctly, the single vault restriction is not a license issue. Since my wife and use different Apple I
    Ds our vaults are separate and we use separate iCloud accounts. Thus we can use iCloud syncing. I see a subscription in our future but not yet.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Ruby

Since my wife and use different Apple IDs our vaults are separate and we use separate iCloud accounts.

This is correct. If you only used one Apple ID, both of you would actually have access to the same data because the Apple ID is the same.

I see a subscription in our future but not yet.

Sounds good! When you are ready to give 1Password Families a try, just let us know and we will be happy to help you get started. Don't forget that you get one month for free right away so you can give it a try already and see how you like it :)

This discussion has been closed.