What can the 1Password Team actually see?

JonR123
JonR123
Community Member

Hello everyone!

Sorry if this a stupid question.

I enjoy 1password very much but I'm curious about something. I want to add all my banking and credit information into 1password but I don't feel comfortable doing that if they 1password staff can view it (no offense). Is that something staff can see or unencrypt?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 1.143
OS Version: OS 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• gazu
    gazu
    Community Member

@JonR123 nobody at AgileBits / 1Password can see the content of your vault(s) - i.e. user names, passwords, secure notes, website addresses are all encrypted.

This means that if you forget your password or lose you're secret key then your data is gone forever more.

For the 1Password technical details see here.

1Password's law enforcement policy is here:

Who Owns and Can Access Customer Data?

AgileBits owns and has access to all Service Data. Secure Data is owned exclusively by our customers and we have no plaintext access to this information. This means we have no means by which we are capable of providing decrypted information which may be stored in 1Password account vaults.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JonR123! Welcome to the forum!

In addition to what gazu said (your data is encrypted end-to-end and only you have the keys to decrypt it), we also have a Privacy page on our website which gives you some more details about this.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.