How do I install a version of 1Password on a new computer? I have the license for adding

I purchased the license for 1Password quite a while ago and installed it on my laptop and my wife's Mac. I want to add it to my work computer and don't know how to access it once I've downloaded it. When I click "sign in to 1Passwword" it requires a "sign-in address" that I don't know. I have my Secret Key and Master Password but don't know what to put in "sign-in address."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I install a version of 1Password on a new computer? I have the license for adding

Comments

• zigojacko
    zigojacko
    Community Member

Yeh I did the same thing yesterday when upgrading from version 4 to version 7 and ended up upgrading to a "1Password membership" in order to acquire said 'sign-in address', 'secret key' and 'emergency kit'. (The 'sign-in address' is only applicable to teams and business users - otherwise there is a default one 'my.1password.com').

To be honest, the entire process was a complete mess and I had no idea what to do, where to go and was just going around in circles for hours.

If you've already got your secret key and master password then I suspect you might be able to proceed just by entering 'my.1password.com' as the sign-in address if you've only got a personal account. You can learn more at this page.

• Hello, @joedold! If you have a 1Password membership, then you are already on the right track and as @zigojacko mentioned, if you're not certain what your sign-in address is, using https://my.1password.com is a good bet. This will work even for family accounts. :+1:

Of course, if you've given that a try and are still having trouble, let me know and we'll take a closer look. 🙂

• tonyJChristopher
    tonyJChristopher
    Community Member

I'm in same situation as JoeDold, "I purchased the license for 1Password quite a while ago " ... now I simply want to download an installer package, install 1PW on my new Mac and continue using it without a monthly fee. How do I do that?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tonyJChristopher,

This is a thread about 1Password for Windows, so I am sorry for the confusion. If you purchased 1Password 6 for Mac, you can download it using this direct link.

Please note that if you purchased 1Password for Mac in the Mac App Store, you will need to download the previous version of 1Password from there (it should be under Purchased tab).

Let me know if it helps. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• lharrington
    lharrington
    Community Member

Hi
    I have also purchased 1password many years ago, and now have a new windows laptop. 1 purchased for 4 users. How do I install and update on my new laptop??

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lharrington,

It sounds like you have a standalone license for 1Password 4 for Windows, this version of 1Password can be downloaded here.

However, please note that this version is outdated. We released 1Password 7 for Windows and if you want to upgrade, then 1Password account is the way to go.

Let me know if you have any other questions, we are always here for you. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• lharrington
    lharrington
    Community Member

Hi Greg,
    Thank you so much for your help, I am so glad that I have 1Password installed back onto my laptop. I have downloaded 1Password, but where can I find the extensions for the various browsers, Firefox, Explorer and Chrome. as only 1PASSWORDX is listed.
    Thanks
    Linda

• lharrington
    lharrington
    Community Member

Hi Greg, is it possible to talk to anybody regarding the product and how to go about?
    Thanks
    Linda

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lharrington,

You can talk to us here or reach out to us via email. We are always ready to help you with 1Password.

As for your questions: our standard 1Password extension can be downloaded here, but please note that 1Password 4 will not work with Chrome 72+, due to updated signing certificate. See this article for more info:

1Password 4 for Windows won’t fill or save in Chrome 72 or later

We recommend you to update to 1Password 7, so please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.