1Password X not populating fields from saved details in 1Password 7

Options
Charger
Charger
Community Member
edited April 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

Since upgrading to 1Password 7 and 1Password X upon their release way back when, 1 Password X won't Autofill the majority of my Saved Passwords.

Where am I going wrong??

Thanks

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.5 (70205002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password X not populating fields from 1Password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Charger,

I think the best thing we can do to start is determine what is working and then see if we learn anything from that as to why you're having trouble. The following ought to help us start building a picture of the state of things.

1. Visit the sign-in page for Amazon.
    2. Enter anything into the two fields and have 1Password X save an entirely new Login item. Give the Login item a distinct title.
    3. Reload the sign-in page and attempt to fill using the Login item saved in step 2.

Q1. Did 1Password X allow you to successfully save a Login item?
    Q2. Did 1Password X fill any fields when filling with the new Login item?
    Q3. If you look for the new Login item in 1Password for Mac can you see it there as well?

The reason for picking Amazon and having you save an entirely new Login item is I know all of that should definitely work. If you're seeing issues here we know something isn't right and it may explain the problems on other sites as well. If this all works at least we know in general terms things seem to be working even if we don't yet know why you're having trouble elsewhere but we will have eliminated a whole swathe of troubleshooting areas.

Let's see what we learn and take it from there.

This discussion has been closed.