To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to change password if emergency kit is inadvertently disclosed

Options
Kurt_S
Kurt_S
Community Member

If my emergency kit is inadvertently disclosed or stolen (containing the secret key), how can I revoke/reset this information?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kurt_S!

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kurt_S: Sorry for the double message, but I forgot to add something. In the meantime, if you think that your Emergency Kit has been compromised, you can already change your Master Password and generate a new Secret Key from your My Profile page on 1Password.com.

With the new information in your account, you will be able to generate a new Emergency Kit, making the old one invalid.

This discussion has been closed.