To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Syncing to 1password.com servers? 1PW7/OSMojave

sabatin48
sabatin48
Community Member
edited April 2019 in Memberships

Just signed up for a single membership (1PW7). Data migrated successfully (from 1PW6). I was under the impression syncing would be via the 1Password,com servers would be an option. Have used dropBox and was/am syncing via iCloud. Is syncing via 1Password.com servers not available? if it is how to switch from iCloud?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sabatin48!

If you moved your existing data to your 1Password Membership, data is already syncing automatically via 1Password.com :)

If you login to your 1Password account in a browser, do you see your data there? If you do, it means that all you need to do is add your 1Password account to your other 1Password apps, and sync will do its magic automatically :)

• sabatin48
    sabatin48
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. I do have my data on the 1Password server. From another post it looks like I can delete the "Primary" vault (Instructions were provided on how to delete)?
    The Preferences points this vault at my iCloud - What happens to this preference if I delete this "Primary" vault, and should I delete it?

• The Primary vault should absolutely be deleted, which will stop 1Password from syncing that vault with iCloud. The existing data will remain in iCloud but steps to remove it (if desired; optional) can be found here:

You only need to do this on one device:

• Mac: In 1Password, choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data.
    • iOS: Open and unlock 1Password, then tap Settings > Advanced. Scroll down and tap Erase iCloud Data.

It might take a moment to remove all the data from iCloud. You’ll see a confirmation when it’s done.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.