Multiple unlock prompts since enabling 2FA/chrome

Hi,
Since enabling 2FA on my 1Password account I'm always getting prompted twice for my master password when trying to use the 1Password extension in Chrome.

If I click on the extension I'm prompted to type my master password, which I do, and then my list of logins appears... however a couple of seconds after that Chrome opens a new tab to the 1Password website which then also asks me to login to my account (I also get a pop-up Chrome alert telling me that 1Password requires to be unlocked)... if I cancel that (ie. close the tab) without doing anything I actually can then carry on as I would have before. If I don't cancel it and login and then sometimes prompted for a 2FA code, after which my 1Password control page appears as I would expect.

I'm not sure why the extra browser tab opens to the 1Password site - I don't really want it to do that?

Thanks,
David

1Password Version: 7.2.5 (70205002)
Extension Version: 1.14.3
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5 Beta (18F108f)
Sync Type: integrated

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there! It sounds like you may need to re-authenticate your account now that you've turned on 2FA. In an attempt to solve this once and for all, please try removing your account from 1Password X and re-adding it by following these steps:

1. Click the 1Password X icon in your browser
    2. Click the gear icon > Settings
    3. Click the Remove button next to your account
    4. Click Add account and sign in with your account's credentials (Keep in mind – you may need your Secret Key during this step)

If that doesn't do the trick, please let us know!

• David Spink
    David Spink
    Community Member

Hi kaitlyn, brilliant that seems to fix it! Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helped! We're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.