Prevent iOS from suggesting password in 1Password

ollifi
ollifi
Community Member

Currently, iOS suggests passwords when operating inside 1Password app. Could you prevent this from happening? 1Password already as good password generator.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You can prevent that from happening by disabling the feature in iOS Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Autofill Passwords. You can still use 1Password to save and fill login credentials. Cheers! :)

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member

Thanks, I'm aware of that :) However, I don't want to disable that as it disables some other useful features (like confirmation code fill from Messages etc.) Can you implement that iOS's own password generator is not used inside 1Password?

• Can you implement that iOS's own password generator is not used inside 1Password?

We can't actually. We'd love to, but there is no feasible way for us to do that.

However, I don't want to disable that as it disables some other useful features (like confirmation code fill from Messages etc.)

Hmm. I still have those features on my device, but iOS does not suggest passwords within 1Password for me. I have Settings.app > Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords > iCloud Keychain OFF. Could you please try that?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.