Cannot change format of in-field password generation

It's always longer than I need.

Please don't mind the color. I'm using nightlight app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @LagPick – great question! The inline password that appears under the password fields when you're creating a new item is just a Suggested Password (a feature of the 1Password X password generator). Suggested passwords are meant to fit most site's password requirements so you don't have to use the generator — Just fill and go. The suggested passwords won't adjust based on your Password Generator recipe. Instead it sticks to its guns with a good strong password. The in-app Password Generator (that you have pictured) can be used as a backup when you need it.

I hope this clears things up a bit, but let me know if you have any other questions!

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

No more question. I just need it use the same setting with Password Generator.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @LagPick,

Given the intent behind the inline quick suggestion it is possible it will never mirror the password generator option. Of course very little is set in stone and that may change but for now my expectation is this is how it will work. The hope is for the majority of times you need a generated password you won't be limited by too many artificial restrictions and the quick suggestion will be fine. For the (hopefully) uncommon cases there is the password generator in the toolbar interface.

This discussion has been closed.