Login to webpage requiring two user fields

My bank requires two user fields to be filled. I tried to
It seems 1Password only supports 1 user and 1 password. Is there a way I can get 1Password to fill two user fields?

Webpage: https://secure.sbanken.no/Authentication/BankIDMobile

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OX 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @gok,

Can you try the following for me please.

1. Save this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file to your Desktop. The file should end in .1pif, if you see .txt please alter the filename accordingly.
    2. Drag the 1PIF file to the 1Password icon in the macOS dock to import into the active vault. If All Vaults is active it will use the default vault for saving (Vaults tab in 1Password's preferences).
    3. Locate the imported item, it will have a tag with the import date.
    4. Enter edit mode and replace the placeholder values with your real account credentials. You'll want to replace not just the designated username and password fields but also the placeholder text in the custom field with label Fødselsdato.
    5. Save.

I can't say anything confidently about the assumed second stage but it should fill the two fields on the first stage based on my testing. Please let me know how you get along.

• gok
    gok
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

Damn - works like a charm. Thanks a lot @littlebobbytables .

Can you explain what you changed in the entry so I can do it myself on other pages? I could probably figure it out, but the format of an exported entry seem to have no proper layout formatting (just becomes a line of text), which makes it hard to read and figure out what you did.

Btw, there is no second password page, as this takes me to the BankID authenticator.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @gok,

Glad it helped :smile:

As to what I did to create it.

1. Create a new Login item inside the main 1Password window, so not in the browser.
    2. Set an appropriate title, username, password and URL and save.
    3. Enter edit mode once more.
    4. For the second field, in this instance for the date of birth I added a custom field and set the field label Fødselsdato to the label used by the site.
    5. I clicked the View Saved Form Details button and altered the label for the username field present here to Mobilnummer to match the site.
    6. Having already inspected the HTML of the page, I knew that both fields were of type telephone. The site is using this to ensure that only digits are entered and in the case of iOS the virtual keyboard will change to a keypad for easy numerical entry. I changed the type of the username field from its default to type telephone and did the same for the custom field.
    7. Save.

So 1Password will use a custom field to fill a field on the page and it will use the custom field's label to try and locate a match. Key to this though is the type must be the same so 1Password won't allow filling a custom text field into a password field on the page. As it stands it does mean needing to know a little about the page which I don't think we can reasonably expect all of our users to have. If you're quite comfortable with that though and like to tinker I hope that helps.

• gok
    gok
    Community Member

I truly appreciate your above explanation. That should enable me to fix other sites I use that have the same problem. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad lil bobby was able to help. It's not something we expect most people to be willing to do, so please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know the specifics if you encounter other issues so we can investigate to improve 1Password for everyone. :)

This discussion has been closed.