license

chrismarc
chrismarc
Community Member

I've just reinstalled my Mac OS (Mojave) and can't reactivate 1Password7 with the license I bought Oct 2018. The prompt is asking for a membership or a number of license (my license is a file instead). Pls help, thx

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chrismarc! Welcome to the forum! :)

I’m sorry for the trouble. Did you by chance download 1Password 7 from the Mac App Store?

The Mac App Store version only supports 1Password Membership accounts, so if you purchased a standalone license for 1Password 7, you will have to download the app directly from our downloads page.

Here, you can click on 1Password 7 in the menu bar, and select License... from the menu to apply it to your app.

I hope this helps!

• chrismarc
    chrismarc
    Community Member

Thx for the quick reply
    When I install the app again, is the database automatically updated?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chrismarc

is the database automatically updated?

Can you please clarify what you mean here by "automatically updated"?

In the meantime, let's see if I understood what you meant: if you formatted and restored your Mac, you will have to point 1Password again to where your data is stored (1Password.com, Dropbox or iCloud if you had sync enabled, or to the Time Machine folder if you were only storing your data locally on this device).

Is this what you were referring to?

• chrismarc
    chrismarc
    Community Member

It worked!!
    thanks a lot

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@chrismarc - Awesome! On behalf of ag_ana, who's off now, you're quite welcome. Glad she was able to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.