MacBook Pro - do I not have a PAID subscription for this program?

kelsie47
kelsie47
Community Member

I have a paid subscription for password that I have been using on my IOS devices (iPad mini 4 and iPhone XR) for over a year already and after having significant issues trying to use this on my MacBook Pro twice already, I want to try again. I went to download this but I am not sure whether I am able to download the program or not... it says to try the program for 30 days but it also says to download the program in beta form and there is some other information there as well... I'm not sure what to do. I don't intend to pay for a second subscription when I already am paying for one... Please help.

1Password Version: latest version - automatically updates
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kelsie47!

Can you please share a screenshot of the window that you are seeing, the one that is showing all the information you mentioned?

• kelsie47
    kelsie47
    Community Member

The screenshots are attached - there are 3 of them showing what I see down the screen. I'm not sure based on what I see at the very top....

SS1.png 193.7K
    SS2.png 593.7K
    SS3.png 580.9K
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kelsie47,

I am not sure I understand. You posted three screenshots from the 1Password website, but are you having issues with the 1Password app, or are you stuck at an earlier step still and are looking for guidance?

If you need to download the app, you can do so from the downloads page. Are you able to download and install the app from there, if you haven't done it already?

• kelsie47
    kelsie47
    Community Member

I'm really confused... I am seeing a page that seems to be showing me information to migrate my information to my Mac but I can't seem to get to that page when I sign into my account. When I sign into my account, I see my vaults but I don't see an option to do this "migration". Yet it tells me that I don't have the downloaded version installed. I don't get it...

• kelsie47
    kelsie47
    Community Member

I see the option to migrate now but when I choose the options the only option I have is either 1password which will bring in the vaults I guess from my Mac... or the three dots and I don't understand that choice. it scares me because I am terrified of losing the passwords that already exist on my IOS devices by doing something wrong in this process.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kelsie47

Let's take this one step at the time. Have you downloaded the 1Password app for Mac using the link I shared in my previous post already?

You will need the 1Password app to do the migration in any case, so let's start from there.

• kelsie47
    kelsie47
    Community Member

I went through the instructions for migrating my account but I already have all my vaults in place... I don't want to duplicate them again by importing them a second time. It seems that for some reason, it is the PROGRAM that isn't installed and I am not sure how to get that again as I have the paid subscription so I don't want to pay for that again. Something strange is happening but I'm not sure where I am going wrong here.

• kelsie47
    kelsie47
    Community Member

I was able to use the download but I got the message that my Mac had been removed prior. I tried syncing with icloud and that didn't work as I only had 4 items in vault (I have no idea why that is the case - I assumed that iCloud was syncing my passwords but apparently it is not doing that... ) so I obviously need a different way to sync with my other two devices.

• @kelsie47

I'd like to get a better understanding of the current situation so that we can provide the best instructions for moving forward. In order to do so I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports. I'd like one from one of your iOS devices that does currently have your 1Password data, as well as one from the Mac that you are having trouble with:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/103149/
    • Your forum username: kelsie47

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• kelsie47
    kelsie47
    Community Member

I think this is the number you are looking for... WAH-16146-224

• Yep; that appears to have a report from the iPad attached. Did you get a chance to send one from the Mac? We'll need the support ID for that as well when you get a chance to send it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.