1Password has stopped working since the IOS update

Johann_Gruber
Johann_Gruber
Community Member

Yesterday I downloaded an update for IOS on my iPhone. Since then, I can neither fingerprint nor the master password is not recognized and called wrong.

Can someone help me?

Thanks for the answer.
Gruber Johann

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Johann_Gruber!

Can I please ask you to reboot your device and try to enter your Master Password again afterwards? Do you still see the same behavior?

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately it still does not work despite the restart!
    I look forward to your response!

• @Johann_Gruber

Are you able to log in at https://my.1password.com ?

Ben

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

Hello Ben,

yes I was able to log on to the iPhone under Safari by entering email, sec.Key and master password.
    I still can not log in, even under Touch ID. Still does not recognize the mast password!

How does it go from here?

Thank you

• @Johann_Gruber

Thanks for the update. That is encouraging news. When you do log in there do you see all of your data, including recent changes / additions?

Ben

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

Thank you for your message.
    And yet the app does not recognize the master password on the iPhone. Also, as usual, the Tuoch ID is not displayed.

Where is the mistake?

Gruber Johann

• @Johann_Gruber

Could you please answer my question?

When you do log in there do you see all of your data, including recent changes / additions?

If you do please uninstall & reinstall 1Password for iOS and sign into your membership account. I suspect the problem is that you still have a legacy "Primary" (standalone) vault hanging around. The way 1Password unlocks is:

1. If a Primary vault exists then unlock using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    2. If a single 1Password membership is signed in then unlock using the Master Password for that membership account
    3. If multiple memberships are signed in then unlock using the Master Password of the first added membership

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

I think you're currently facing situation #1. 1Password isn't unlocking with your membership account Master Password because a Primary vault exists, and that vault's Master Password is different. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app will remove that Primary vault.

Ben

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your advice! Have 1Password uninstalled and reinstalled, with the master password logged in and behold, the primary Tressor was gone and Touch ID works again and all entries are available!

Many thanks for your prompt help!
    You see, experts are at work here!

Gruber Johann

• Thanks for the update @Johann_Gruber. I'm glad to hear that worked out. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.