Favorite selection is removed when an entry is moved to another vault

Options
jadchaar
jadchaar
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi guys, I recently noticed that when I move an entry that is favorited to another vault in the Mac client (by dragging it into a vault in the left sidebar), my favorite selection gets removed and I must add the entry as a favorite again. Is this intentional? Or a bug? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.6 Beta 1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• rudy
    Options

Hi @jadchaar,

This is intentional behavior for now, you wouldn't want your favorited item bubbling up and becoming a favorite for everyone in a shared vault would you?

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm I agree that favorites should not be bubbled up to all members, but if I have it as a favorite and I add it to my families vault, for example, I would personally still want the entry in my favorites. That is how I'd expect it to work personally :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't disagree. Just depends on the context. Perhaps we can find a better way of doing this in the future. :)

• salv0
    salv0
    Community Member
    Options

rudy and brenty make a good point. The Favorite feature is built-in and implicitly Private. Before my introduction to 1Password.com, I (like jadchaar) viewed Favorite as a global attribute, which was really tied to a single vault. 1Password.com has made that more clear to me, even if it turned out to be sort of a rude awakening. This could be mitigated by searching for Favorite, selecting the resulting list items, and add a tag such as 'Fav' -- not possible with the current version. In other words, there are a select few attributes (such as tags and Favorite) that lend themselves to multi-item edit; with Favorite, you set or unset them all; with tags, you could add a new one or more to them all and only change/delete a tag that is common to all selected items.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah it's a tough one. Definitely a problem worth solving. Time will tell. :)

This discussion has been closed.