How do I set up 1Password to handle Google accounts and avoid a "password reused" warning?

geoffjb
geoffjb
Community Member

I am getting a "Reused Password" warning for all the sites in my vault on which I sign in using my Google account. How should I be configuring 1Password to eliminate this warning?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.4
Sync Type: Subscription
Referrer: forum-search:google sign in

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @geoffjb! Welcome to the forum!

If you use the same credentials on multiple websites, you can try adding multiple URLs inside that 1Password Login item. This way, you won't have to create duplicate items and you won't see the reused password warning because you will have exactly one copy of that item.

I hope this helps!

• geoffball
    geoffball
    Community Member

Thanks Ana. That'll work.

Geoff

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I am happy to hear this @geoffball :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• geoffjb
    geoffjb
    Community Member

@ag_ana I came across one problem with this approach that I'm hoping you can help solve. I have several websites that I log into using my full G Suite email address, which is solved using your solution. However, there is one site that I log into using only the username (before the @). I can't find a way to manipulate the 1Password login to account for that site.

• @geoffjb

At present that would require a separate login item, which will trigger the reused password warning. We're looking into how we can best help folks avoid this warning in cases like this, but unfortunately I don't have anything concrete to share at this point.

Ben

ref: apple-2451

• For my own curiosity... what site is it that doesn't accept the full G Suite email address?

Ben

• geoffjb
    geoffjb
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

@Ben Any sites that use the Google SSO but are hosted on our domain: Password reset, atrieve, Employee info (pay slips/T4s), student records, etc. IT has set these usernames up to omit the domain.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@geoffjb - thanks for the clarification. :)

This discussion has been closed.