To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Moving from licensed version to single membership

Hensley
Hensley
Community Member

I have been using the licensed version for years, but now want to migrate to the single membership version. I read that the first step is to set up a new membership account, but when I try to do this, it rejects my email address, saying it is already in use. How can I make this change happen, along with migrating my passwords from the licensed version of 1password6 to a new single membership.

1Password Version: 6.89
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hensley
    Hensley
    Community Member

I have an update ...I was able to purchase the membership version, but I am unable to migrate my passwords from 1password 6 to the new subscription account. I need help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Hensley! Welcome to the forum!

I am unable to migrate my passwords from 1password 6 to the new subscription account.

Can you please let me know what happens when you try to migrate your data? Where exactly are you getting stuck?

Also, are you following this guide perhaps?

• Hensley
    Hensley
    Community Member

Yes, I have tried following the guide. When I open the 1Password 7 on my computer I see my new version , however, there is no message asking if I want to add the other account. I have tried every way I can think of to get my information into the new version, but have had no luck.

• Hensley
    Hensley
    Community Member

On my computer, I have one new icon for 1Password 7 with none of my passwords in it, and one icon for 1Password 6 with all of my passwords in it, which is the one I have been using for quite a while.

• Hi @Hensley

In order to get a better picture of the current state of things, so that we can give you the best instructions on moving forward, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/103148/
    • Your forum username: Hensley

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Hensley
    Hensley
    Community Member

Support ID:

[#UUZ-39521-278]

Thank you for looking into this!
    Sally

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Hensley - of course! One of us will be with you shortly. :)

This discussion has been closed.