My 1Password refuses to start mini doesent work and the firefox extension is down too.

edmachen
edmachen
Community Member

My 1Password refuses to start mini doesn't work and the firefox extension is down too. OSX 10.14 Mojave

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: don't know
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:My 1Password refuses to start mini doesent work and the firefox extension is down too.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@edmachen - I'm sorry for the trouble! Without a little more information, however, it's difficult to say what might be wrong and how we might help you solve it. Can you tell us a bit more about what "refuses to start" means? Do you mean it won't launch when you login to your Mac user account? Nothing happens when you double-click it in the Applications folder? Something else? Regarding Firefox, if 1Password isn't actually running, the extension won't work because it has nothing to connect to, so I'm thinking let's figure out what's going on with 1Password 7 for Mac itself, first. What specific steps are you taking, and what's not working the way you expect?

• edmachen
    edmachen
    Community Member

Thanks Lars. None of the pulldowns were working and I could not launch the app. It was frustrating but I restarted the computer and now all is well. I would be in an extremely bad situation if 1Password failed so it was very concerning for me. so I made a fresh backup of all my records and will try to maintain that practice regularly in the future! Thanks again for your reply

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@edmachen - ah, the old "have you turned it off and back on again" trick! There's a reason why that's a tech support cliché -- because of how frequently it works. Still, it doesn't explain what caused your Mac to get into this state where such a thing would be possible, so keep an eye on things and let us know if the problem recurs. It's also entirely possible this was just a one-off and you won't have any further issues. Let us know! :)

• edmachen
    edmachen
    Community Member

Will do, thank you for responding

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Lars, you are welcome @edmachen :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.