Any way to disable 'suggestions' in browser window?

twynne
twynne
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Not sure when this 'feature' crept in, but I personally find it incredibly annoying. I often use 1P to fill credit card details on a website. With introduction of the 'suggestions' I now see only logins when I click the 1P icon, meaning more clicks to get to the data I want to use/fill.

Is there an option/preference to disable this function, and if not can one be added please?

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@twynne - thanks for the suggestion. I'm a little confused, since you list your version of 1Password as 7.3, which is not yet released (except in beta). Are you using the beta releases of 1Password 7 for Mac? If so, you should've noticed by now the re-do of the mini, which is one of the more-noticeable changes in the betas. If you're still on 7.2.x, my suggestion would be either (if you're willing) to switch on beta releases and see if that addresses your needs, or wait until 7.3 comes out in the stable channel. If you already ARE on the beta, can you tell me more specifically what about the current (new) iteration of the mini isn't to your liking?

• twynne
    twynne
    Community Member

Hi Lars

It must just be in the beta as that's what I'm running (as I didn't know when it was introduced I assumed wrongly it was in the GA). Annoyance is that the mini window now defaults to just showing 'suggestions' (seemingly only includes logins) so if I'm invoking mini to fill a card that's now several clicks away. This is a step back in productivity.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@twynne - thanks for the clarification. I'm going to move this thread over to our beta channel, as that's the proper place for this kind of feedback (since it's different from what appears in the current stable version).

• twynne
    twynne
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

Thanks. If you want a constructive suggestion:

• add option to include other items like cards in the 'suggested' list
    • split the window so that suggestions occupy only part add allow easier access to other items/categories
    • Add option to not use the suggestions at all
  • Hi @twynne ,

It is our plan to bring back quick access to cards and identities for filling. The suggestions aren't new. They've just been renamed. They're the login items that match the site in your browser. There used to be a credit cards and identities at the bottom of that list.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• twynne
    twynne
    Community Member

Thanks. Is there a timeline for this? The current functionality is a step backward, and with the loss of auto submit it's now easier to just use the Safari functionality. Somewhat disappointing as I pay for a 1P subscription!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@twynne

Is there a timeline for this?

Nope. We don't normally pre-announce release dates for new features or versions, as many factors (some beyond our control) affect them. Please stay tuned. 😀

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

@Lars I have to quibble with you a bit here. Identities and Credit Cards being in the "Suggestions" section of the mini isn't a "new feature". It's an "existing feature" that was inexplicably removed. So it would really be nice to have an ETA on when that feature will be restored. Just saying ....

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@OAW

I have to quibble with you a bit here.

No worries! And while I'm sure it would be nice to have a timeline, I'll just refer to my previous post: we rarely ever do such things, regardless of the the technical status (new feature vs "fix") of what we're discussing. Thanks for understanding. :)

• nopretenders
    nopretenders
    Community Member

I'm running 7.4.2, how do i disable the suggestions and make the font larger?

• @nopretenders,

Thanks for writing in with your questions. To disable suggestions you would change the settings in Preferences -> Mini -> Open 1Password to. To answer your second question, it isn't currently possible to change the font size in 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.