Blurry vault icons in 1Password mini

jadchaar
jadchaar
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have encountered this issue of blurry vault icons even before updating to the latest beta that includes the new 1P Mini. All of my vault icons, both custom and chosen from 1Password.com come out blurry on my MBP 2015 Retina:

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3 BETA 0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi there @jadchaar, thanks for the feedback. Do you have or use an external monitor? We've seen reports of this before and are still working to track down the exact cause. Do the icons always appear blurry? Are there certain steps you can think of that lead to blurry icons?

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

@MrRooni Nope! I am using my built in Retina display and have not connected to my external monitors in a few months. Over the summer I used my monitors a bunch though (one 1080p, one 2560x1440p), but have not used them in a while. The icons always seem blurry when I open 1P mini. This occurred even before the redesign in the latest beta.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

I see the blur too on the vault icon.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
    AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

• Hogg
    edited April 2019

Hi @jadchaar and @MrC, are you both still seeing this in the current beta?

ref: apple-3514

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Hogg

I think the issue still exists:

The top icon is from the 1Password items list. The bottom is the vault icon in 1Password mini.

It looks like image recompression due to adding the overlay of the down arrow.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure if that's true, but that's a pretty good theory. Thanks for confirming! :)

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

Yup still present in 1Password 7 Version 7.3.BETA-11 (70300011) AgileBits Beta:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know. We'll see what might be causing that.

• chadseld
    edited April 2019

This will be fixed soon. We were upscaling and drawing the vault icon from a smaller source image. Thanks for the report.

This discussion has been closed.