Unable to open 1Password after restoring data from a crashed MacBook Pro to an iMac

carly1452
carly1452
Community Member

I have 2 issues going on: not syncing across devices and unable to open 1Password after restoring data to a new computer. I purchased the Pro version of 1Password from the Apple Store 6/21/2012. It was on my iPhone, MacBook Pro laptop and iPad. I synced through Dropbox. Everything has worked really well until 4/14/15. My laptop crashed. On 4/15/15 I restored the data from my laptop to an iMac running High Sierra. On 4/16/19, I signed into 1Password on the iMac but noticed that it wasn't syncing across all my devices. I think I saw something at the top of the dropdown box that said "Add Safari Extensions". I wasn't sure it was asking me if I wanted to do this and I didn't do anything because I assumed the extensions were added to desktop with the restored data. Today, I updated the iMac to High Sierra 10.13.6. I'm not able to sign in to 1Password. I can't open 1Password on the iMac to get the version number. I don't see the version number under settings on my iPhone. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@carly1452 - I'm sorry for the trouble! That sounds like quite a number of potential issues, so to get a better idea of what might be going on with your specific setup, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#ICK-38598-394]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @carly1452 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: ICK-38598-394

This discussion has been closed.