1password 7 stops offering fingerprint option on Mac OS Sierra

Options
E_Frank_Hastings
E_Frank_Hastings
Community Member

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1918)
After a restart, fingerprint works just fine, but after some time, the option of using fingerprint unlock stops being offered (much less working).
If I go to Activity Monitor and kill all the 1password processes, this usually resets, but the problem returns.
This appears to happen regardless of the application in the foreground. And not just with browsers. (I store non-browser information and credentials too.)

These are the running processes.
1Password
1Password 7
1Password Extension Helper
1PasswordNativeMessageHost

I commonly have 4 different browsers open (for different account profiles):
Brave
Chrome
Firefox
Safari

1Password Version: Version 7.2.5 (70205002)
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1918)
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @E_Frank_Hastings! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us; I'm sorry for the trouble. Touch ID is handled entirely by macOS, we just get the "handoff" from it. It sounds as if you may have something (anti-virus?) interfering with local connections on your device, which may break this connectivity after a time, but it's difficult to say without a closer look. It's also entirely possible that the fact you're two entire versions of macOS behind current may have something to do with it. What I'd recommend for now is to upgrade to macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) and see if the problem persists. If it does, look into any network filtering software, VPNs, AV software, anything you have installed on your Mac that might conceivably interfere with localhost connections, and make sure those are properly configured. Let us know what you discover!

This discussion has been closed.