1 password 7 works on Chrome, but I can't get it to work on Safari. I have an imac

Options
jamphd
jamphd
Community Member

The 1password icon is in the bar, but it doesn't fill or ask for changes .I can copy the info and paste it in to the username and the password. but it won't fill automatically. ( not sure how I sync ) I want to use Safari instead of Chrome, It works on Chrome but not Safari. Please help

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: os 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud-not certain
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 works on Chrome, but I can't get it to work on Safari. I have an imac

Comments

• jamphd
    jamphd
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know how to make it work on Safari.

• jamphd
    jamphd
    Community Member
    Options

How do I find out how my 1password sync's? I really struggle with 1 password, and I've used it for 3-4? years.

• jamphd
    jamphd
    Community Member
    Options

Should Reader be turned on for 1 password discussions and support.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jamphd - you shouldn't need to turn anything on to read posts and replies here. We recommend just normal browser view.

With regard to getting 1Password working in your browser, there could be a few issues. Are both 1Password and Safari in your main Applications folder? If so, is 1Password authorized, either with a standalone license or a 1password.com membership? Or is there a "Read Only" badge visible on all your items? Can you give us a little more information about what's specifically not working in Safari? What do you mean by "in the bar?" Safari's extension bar? Or your Mac's menubar? What steps are you taking, and where are things going wrong?

• jamphd
    jamphd
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure what changed, but my Safari 1password is working.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jamphd - excellent! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.