Desktop app integration between browsers does not seem to work

I use Brave as my primary browser, but sometimes I need to use Chrome for a particular online application. It seems that desktop app integration does not work with Chrome, despite being enabled in settings and it working with Brave. When using Chrome, I do not see 1Password Mini coming up to authenticate for the integration, while I do see it come up in Brave. It seems that only one browser can be registered at a time with the Mac app. Will this be changed in the future so it truly works seamlessly?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jadchaar – I just tested this out since I use Vivaldi and Chrome myself. I was able to unlock 1Password X with Chrome, and it unlocked 1Password X in Vivaldi automatically (since the 1Password desktop app became unlocked as well). I do have one question for you: When you quit Brave, do you find Desktop App Integration works again in Chrome?

I'd love to see a copy of your logs in Chrome because there may be something unrelated happening there. Would you mind sending us a new email thread with that info? As I'm sure you know, you can find how to save the console log in Chrome here: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/#chrome

We'll get back to you through email once we receive it!

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

Nope. Sadly when I close Brave, Chrome still refuses to work with the integration. I even tried opening up 1P for Mac and manually locking. That locked Brave but Chrome stayed unlocked (because it isn't integrated). Sending logs now. Nothing too interesting but hopefully they will help!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

Thank you! I grabbed your email, so I'll get back to you there. :)

ref: CFC-28182-464

• Hi Jad,

Just to clear things up you absolutely should be able to use multiple browsers and multiple browser profiles at the same time when integrating with 1Password for Mac. My guess is there's a mismatch in your accounts. In a future beta you should be able to see an error about this in the Settings but for now we need to look at your logs.

I was trying to find your email with the console logs but I couldn't find it. Your most recent message was about ⌘\ so I'm guessing you used a different email address for that conversion. Could you share with me the conversation ID for that email exchange or email a new set of 1Password X logs in Chrome?

Thanks!

++dave;

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

Hi @dteare, here it is: #CFC-28182-464.

• Thank you, Jad! I'm digging through your logs now.

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.