Third party app integration [not possible, but some features can help]

Angelino1Password
Angelino1Password
Community Member
edited April 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Can I use 1password with the NETFLIX APP on windows? Works with a browser but I never use this. I have the app on all devices and always use the app to access Netflix.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:netflix app on windows

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Angelino1Password: As a more personal note, I'll say that I'd prefer the website anyway. The native app is a bit buggy. :lol:

But that doesn't really answer your question. It isn't possible for 1Password to integrate with the Netflix app the way it can with web browsers, but you can press Ctrl Alt \ to bring up 1Password mini and then easily copy your password from there:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Elochai
    Elochai
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks I just signed up for 1Password to try it out and I join the forums as I was going to ask if I could use it for APPS and programs. I have a lot of game clients that require logins where they handle payment information for buying games and content.

This answers my question without having to ask it :)

However I do hope in the future that 1Password will integrate APP's and Programs.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Elochai,

Happy to see you onboard! :)

Auto-Type, a feature that would allow you to fill your credentials in other Windows apps (where you have sign in forms), is coming to 1Password for Windows in the future, but I do not have any ETA for you at this moment. Please stay tuned.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• stephen_f_day
    stephen_f_day
    Community Member

While I am rapidly becoming a fan of 1Password, I have to say that I am sordidly disappointed that 1Password doesn't appear to support application level logins (e.g., RDPs, telnet sessions, app logins, etc.). Seems to be designed solely for web-based logins, which, I might add, it does pretty well. However, that's only about 1/2 of what people in my environment do. Will 1Password soon support these non-browser based logins?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stephen_f_day: As I mentioned in my comments above,

**It isn't possible for 1Password to integrate with [3rd party apps] the way it can with web browsers, but you can press Ctrl Alt \ to bring up 1Password mini and then easily copy your password from there:

And in many cases the "Type in window" feature in that menu can fill into app windows as well. In my experience, it works with the things you're suggesting -- though it's impossible to say for certain without knowing the specifics.

This discussion has been closed.