2009 El Capitan iMac

Options
kappabear
kappabear
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm currently running 1Password on my Mojave iMac, iPhone, and iPad with no issues. However, I also have a need to use it on my late 2009 iMac running El Capitan. What's the best way to go about making that happen? I'd prefer not to have use the web interface like I'm currently doing, as it requires me to manually enter my Secret Key, password and email address, each time that I want to access. This is a huge pain. I do have 1Password 6 on this, the 2009 iMac, but it's currently pointed at my very old vault which used to reside on Dropbox, which no longer exist after switching to Family cloud account.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi @kappabear!

it requires me to manually enter my Secret Key, password and email address, each time that I want to access

Is it possible that your browser is set to reject all cookies? Normally, all you need to do is enter your Master Password on the website, your email address and Secret Key need to be entered only the first time you use a new browser.

In any case, on El Capitan you can use 1Password 6.8.9, which does support Families accounts. If you have it installed already, all you need to do is add your 1Password account to this app to sync it with your Mojave iMac.

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,

Thanks, I'll look into adding the password via the instructions that you sent.

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana,

Will you please confirm the link that you shared, as I'm unable to open it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kappabear, I’m sorry for the trouble. Can you try this link and let me know if this worked?

I have also updated my original comment.

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana, that link works. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kappabear, thank you for letting me know, and sorry again ;)

This discussion has been closed.